‘First Spoon’ is a nutritious baby food brand based out of Coimbatore was looking to get onto the digital space. The company is a startup by two enterprising mothers. They wanted to develop their brand presence online by engaging with their customer-base via popular social media platforms Facebook & Instagram.
As a new brand, First Spoon struggled with customer relatability. The baby food industry is a delicate one and building a reliable brand that the audience would trust, follow and engage with was the primary challenge.
1. The solution started with identifying the brand’s target audience and understanding what the end customer’s points of interest were. Considering that the customer base primarily includes parents, majorly expecting mothers and mothers with children between the age group 0-2 years.
2. The brand also needed an engaging component to its branding. The final conclusion was to introduce a brand mascot.
3. To create a brand mascot which would connect well with the brand’s customers.
4. Pick a unique mascot. Ensure that none of the immediate competitors would have a similar mascot.
5. Pick a mascot which would have an impact. Have a greater reason for having a mascot, a reason which would resonate and have a greater ‘sticky’ factor. Make a difference in the world.
1. Educate the brand’s online followers and subscribers by correcting common myths – connected to infant care, educating customers and sharing facts and information from reliable educational sources.
2. Formulate a Brand tone and ‘Look & Feel’ for the brand’s digital presence.
3. Create an appealing mascot that aligns with the brand vision.
Brand Research & Strategy
Brand Identity System
This was the final draft that we concluded with.
By correctly identifying the brand’s audience a solution was brought forward where the content produced by the brand added value to the customer by educating them on the topics most relevant.
One of the goals which set was to have a collaboration with WWF-India. The brand is currently in the process of working on the MOU with the WWF & the collaboration is expected to go live soon.